Wednesday, November 3, 2010

something to look forward too...

me: phew!! what are we going to be doing all day when we are 65?
let's daydream about that...
4:44 PM too old?
maybe 50.
4:45 PM Claire: hopefully reading
sitting on a porch
me: aahhh reading.
and walks.
Claire: yes
me: and some nice little hobby.
Claire: and cooking
for fun
me: ooohhh yes cooking
4:46 PM nice.
maybe yoga.
but only if we want too.
Claire: haha
me: and maybe a garden
Claire: maybe going on trips to north carolina or oregon and staying in bed and breakfasts
4:47 PM but not the kind where you have to talk to people
me: YES
and museums
and dinner parties. with no kids.
Claire: oh yes
4:48 PM and multi user video chats
me: and maybe plays.
ooohh nice
and concerts where once a year we pick one like u2 in ireland and we all meet there
4:49 PM Claire: haha
4:50 PM me: ok. thanks claire. when they talk about keeping the big picture in mind, that is what i will think about.
Claire: :)
i have one more to add
drinking chocolate milk
4:51 PM me: or expensive hot chocolate cuz we are in a b$b in oregon
Claire: haha
picking berries off the vine
me: and i have good shoes on.
Claire: right now? or in the "big picture?"
4:52 PM me: oh no, right now i am bare foot and my feet are killing me.
Claire: ah
yes
well, we could get foot massages, too
me: and we eat lots of vietnamese food
and buy jewlery that "gives back"
Claire: hahahaha
4:53 PM and we don't ever talk about mortgages, insurance, or health
4:54 PM and we sing
4:56 PM me: LOTS of singing
and crossword
Claire: oh yes
me: and time magazines
Claire: and vivian stays up late, and sarah sleeps in

8 comments:

  1. "we eat lots of vietnamese food and buy jewelry that 'gives back'"

    awesome. I want to live in that future.

    Chris says he wants to be old because all old people do is travel and vote, as far as he can tell. But we'll do more. Much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds well and good, except I'll still be chasing after kids and cleaning the house and worrying about my mortgage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and vivian stays up late, and sarah sleeps in"

    That IS a perfect world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I request hammocks as well. For reading we'll all have time for. Close enough together to be companionable but not too close.
    And I second the part about Vivian staying up late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel- we'll have darcy or sydney come stay with your kids so you can come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could I really sleep in that would be awesome. Could we go to Maine as well and stay in a B&B?

    ReplyDelete