we went to sweet tomatoes for lunch. just me and the kids. some memorable quotes (all of these said in an over animated "Orphan Annie" voice):
1. i had forgotten what white bread tastes like!
2. i'm sure my stomach has NEVER been THIS full!
3. my stomach is SO mad at me.
4. ACK! where did you find that JELLO?
then we went to whitie's pet store.
1. piles of newborn hairless pink rats, finches, rabbits, and kittens that made darcy cry.
2. watching jax physically react to seeing a tarantula right next to him.
3. colin burst out laughing at a school of flashy fish.
then we went to salvation army where each kid got to pick our one thing. darcy and eric got roller backpacks for school ("this backpack has 9 pockets! that's one of my FAVORITE numbers!!!"), sydney got a dolphin statue ("WHY would anyone ever give this away!", and jax picked out rubber boots that have been on his feet ever since. add a great camping backpack for me - all for $14.89.
i had to fight the urge to get a glorious stuffed snow tiger the size of darcy that was $5. it would have fit the mood of the day.
we finished off the day with fish stick tv dinners (the ones that come with a brownie. - "this macaroni and cheese tastes just like nothing!") and swimming at the neighbors pool.