Friday, May 31, 2013
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Once upon a time, Vivian made the worst cake I've ever tasted and I made fun of her about it. She then embarked on a baking streak the likes I've never dreamed of and is now producing double layer chocolate cakes with strawberry puree filling that look like this:
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
2. I never did take a Spanish class.
3. I bought a new couch, and a piano.
4. We never went to the World of Coke, because Jimmy Carter never asked me to.
So, fairly successful, I'd say. Also, I came to love several things about Georgia, which I will miss terribly. In no particular order:
1. Dogwood blossoms. If someone wants to plant a dogwood tree over my ashes someday, that would be OK, because I think they look like heaven.
2. Cardinals. They're just gorgeous, happy birds. They make me happy.
3. The climate. Somehow Atlanta isn't famous for the climate, but it has lovely seasons and 3/4 of them are usable.
Today, Bangkok: HIGH 93°, FEELS LIKE 96
Today, Atlanta: HIGH 63, FEELS LIKE 63
4. Last but not least, living with Rachel. Every day around 5pm, it would completely catch me by surprise when Rachel would drive into my driveway. Such surreal good fortune to have a sister magically appear every day like that.