Thursday, May 16, 2013

Coo Coo Ca CHA!

Once upon a time, Vivian made the worst cake I've ever tasted and I made fun of her about it.  She then embarked on a baking streak the likes I've never dreamed of and is now producing double layer chocolate cakes with strawberry puree filling that look like this:
 In contrast, here is a picture of the birthday cake that I made for Chris a few weeks ago.  To be fair, it's supposed to look like Thailand, which isn't the easiest shape to copy, but still.  Also, the chicken head is supposed to represent Bangkok, and is not in fact a monster rising from the deep as Viv suggested when I showed it to her.  Sheesh, has anyone in the family ever even SEEN a chicken?

7 comments:

  1. well, if that chicken head was sea foam green, they'd look almost identical-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Claire. That's what I like about you. You don't judge.

      Delete
  2. Wow-zow - Vivian
    eeeow - Carrie
    You just have different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a tale of two cakes, because mine looks very inorganic and commercialized, whereas Carrie's looks like something she dug up out of the creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop laughing at this. Mostly because that cake looks eerily similar to what Rachelle dragged out of the bayou this morning. Minus the chicken-headed Nessie.
      (Not that I'm one to talk. Stellan requested a triangle cake for his birthday one year, and I couldn't even get that right.)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and Carrie, I instantly recognized the shape of Thailand. Bonus points for pastry accuracy.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Krissie. I will build you a Nessie cake someday.

      Delete