Friday, May 10, 2013

I still don't want to die in Georgia, but...



Almost 3 years ago exactly, I wrote this blog, wherein I laid out my demands regarding our move to Georgia.  Let's see how we did:
1. We got home for Thanksgiving almost every year.  We also had several of my favorite Christmases ever, right here in Georgia.
2. I never did take a Spanish class.
3. I bought a new couch, and a piano.
4. We never went to the World of Coke, because Jimmy Carter never asked me to.

So, fairly successful, I'd say.  Also, I came to love several things about Georgia, which I will miss terribly.  In no particular order:

1. Dogwood blossoms.  If someone wants to plant a dogwood tree over my ashes someday, that would be OK, because I think they look like heaven.









2. Cardinals.  They're just gorgeous, happy birds.  They make me happy.




3. The climate.  Somehow Atlanta isn't famous for the climate, but it has lovely seasons and 3/4 of them are usable.

Today, Bangkok:       HIGH 93°, FEELS LIKE 96
                                                                                            








Today, Atlanta:  HIGH 63, FEELS LIKE 63
4. Last but not least, living with Rachel.  Every day around 5pm, it would completely catch me by surprise when Rachel would drive into my driveway.  Such surreal good fortune to have a sister magically appear every day like that.  



3 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder what you'll come to love about Thailand. And I'm excited about coming to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living with Rachel... THAT looks like heaven.

    ReplyDelete