Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A conversation with a two yr. old

Me: Tarrin what do you want for lunch? How about a potato?( now the reason I asked is because she usually has the same thing for lunch- lunch meat, chips and cheese so I thought she might want something different.)
Tarrin: No, I want Macaroni and cheese.
me: ok, sounds good. (I put some water on to heat up)
T: I don't like mac 'n' cheese I want a sandwhich with no meat. ( she has never eaten a sandwhich here she doesn't like the bread)
me: why don't you just have mac 'n' cheese since that's what I have started here?
T: no! I don't like it. (I turn off the water I haven't put in the noodles yet so no harm done)
me: do you want a corndog ?
T: no, cookies I want cookies.
me: well you can't have cookies until you have something good for lunch so do you want some lunch meat? (she likes lunch meat)
T: I don't like lunch meat.
me: well do you want a potato?( thought I would try that suggestion again)
T: no, I want mac 'n' cheese.
me: ok. (as I turn back on the water and dump in the noodles. She ate a whole bowl.)

3 comments:

  1. You really do have a talent for understanding kids. My conversation would have gone like this: Me: "What do you want for lunch? A potato?"
    T: No, I want Mac and Cheese
    Me: huh? So, I think you said "yes, potato"?
    (make potato)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I maybe would have stuck with the mac 'n cheese. "You picked mac 'n cheese, so that is what you'll get."

    ReplyDelete