Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Perfect Day

This weekend we went and stayed at a fancy resort. The best moment of the trip, for me, came when I was sitting in a poolside chair with a happily tousled Theo asleep on my chest. I was watching Chris and Lucy play in the gorgeous blue water and I could feel the breeze and the sunshine on my face. It occurred to me that someday I will be old and looking back on my life, and this exact moment was one of the ones that will have made mine a good life. It was nice to recognize it as it went by.

3 comments:

  1. the closed-eye family portrait made me laugh out loud. twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. wow. wow. i didn't think a place prettier than the ones you showed us existed. you found it!

    ReplyDelete