Thursday, February 18, 2010

Random School Stuff

First, as a follow up to my last post, I would like to show you this photo, which I went to great lengths to obtain:



These are the feet of the moms that were waiting with me in the cafeteria today for the kids to get out of school. Have you ever tried to surreptitiously photograph the feet of people standing next to you? It's tricky. "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just really interested in this tile..."
I really wished the little boy would have moved, because behind him the woman is wearing 4-inch hot pink heels with shoelaces. But you're just going to have to trust me on that one, because they were already looking at me strangely and not just because I was wearing flats.

-----
Last week we found oranges at Costco. Not little green seedy sometimes-sweet-and-sometimes-not Puerto Rican oranges, but big glorious California ones. I put one in Lucy's lunch box the next day, and that afternoon she said, "Mom, can you put TWO oranges in my lunch tomorrow?" I was pleased that she liked them so much and agreed. Then I opened her lunchbox to find it littered with cookie wrappers and an empty plastic pudding cup. "Hey, where did all this come from?" I asked.
Well it turns out that those oranges are like peeled gold on the kindergarten black market trading circuit! She had quartered it and made a hefty profit in processed sugar. Who knew?

-----
Today was the 100th day of school for Lucy and a few weeks ago we got a note asking us to make a shirt with 100 things on it for Lucy to wear in the 100 Day Parade. You guys know how crafty I am, but I was kind of proud of how our shirt turned out:


4 comments:

  1. niiice job with the shoe photo! i'm so proud of you!
    and i love the 100 shirt. i'm thinking you could keep the shirt around for other holidays, and just change the "charms". maybe hang the olympic rings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucy is a mafia queen. aranging for a concusion, black market sugar... i am going to look at her differently from now on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. and technically it was only 42 days of school for lucy. i am pretty sure she has NOT gone to school for 100 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was kind of wondering myself how we've been in school for 7 months but it's only the 100th day of school? How does that work?

    ReplyDelete