Thursday, February 11, 2010

Puerto Rico Miscellany

I'm sure all of you have been on pins and needles wondering how Lucy's soccer rematch against Antonio (tell me a story-o) went this week. It went fine. I think there was some residual guilt on our side about the 10-0 shellacking we gave them last week, so this time around we lent them some players and arranged to have Fisher (let me tell you a story-o with my powerful left foot) sidelined with a concussion. Final score, 2-1, Blue team, with Lucy and Antonio (tmas-o) still looking like this at the end:





In other news, we have acquired another hamster. It turns out that two hamsters are exactly as much trouble as one hamster, but a lot cuter and less depressing. Here you can see Merry Christmas on the left and Valentine on the right:

Chris pointed out, "Merry Christmas is a good-looking hamster. If I was a hamster, I'd be all over that." When I looked a little uncomfortable with this sentiment, he clarified, "Well, obviously I'm NOT."

Today I was folding clothes and I actually thought to myself "this T-shirt is more of a winter weight T-shirt. Maybe I should put it away until winter." Then it occurred to me- it IS winter! I wasn't sure what photo would best demonstrate the weather down here, but here is a picture of Lucy's school from this week:


Theo and Lucy are really cute lately. Theo calls them "We-wo and Su-cy". Theo has moved out of his baby bed and now shares with her. It's fun watching them start to play together more.


And of course, Lucy is funny. Chris and I were discussing our job options for next year and Chris said to me "But what would YOU do in Botswana?", at which point Lucy called out from the other room, "She'd sit under the table and eat craisins all day!" (btw, we're not moving to Botswana)
Last night I caught her sleepwalking, trying to climb into the trash to go to the bathroom. She had one foot in the bag and her underwear around her knees.
Here is a Lucy self-portrait:


While Lucy volunteers to sit out every game, I can't keep Theo off the field. When the games are over, he insists that he put on Lucy's shin guards and kick the ball around the field.


Also, please note that Theo has not grown into his ears.

7 comments:

  1. To be fair to Chris, his hamster comment was in response to me saying that I thought Merry Christmas was prettier than Valentine. He wasn't just noticing that she was attractive out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. was fishers concussion "arranged" for antonio's team by lucy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucy has powers we can't even fathom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the idea of a winter weight t-shirt cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to put away my winter things. I put my slippers in the closet on Sunday, the day my sister-in-law got 20 inches of snow at her house in MD. And I thought the same thing about Fisher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was WAY too much good stuff in one blog... you need to spred the joy out a bit - so it lasts L O N G E R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your sister shouldn't worry...there is always good stuff to come when you combine little kids and puerto rico! :) good to see you today at Ambers. I wish we all lived closer so we could do things like this everyday!

    ReplyDelete