Wednesday, March 3, 2010

a thought..

i had an epiphany the other day and wanted to write it down before i forgot it. in our bathroom, we have a very tall, narrow mirror that sits on the counter behind tim's sink. every time i clean our bathroom, i wipe down that mirror. i am a medium good house keeper, wiping off all the muck i could see when it got too gross. till the other day when tim, trying to show me with out being rude, turned the mirror upside down. i realized i had been cleaning the part that i could see, up to about my forehead. everything higher than that was filthy, but it was too high for me to notice, b/c it blended into the ceiling. i got up on a chair and put myself at tim's height, and i could hardly see myself.
is this making sense? i was cleaning tim's mirror for my height, not for tim's. carrie has tried to explain this to me before ("but beth, maybe tim doesn't think that is as fun as you do"), but the mirror situation was a good lesson.
this is a good analogy for thinking of what others need, from their perspective.
that's my marriage thought of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment