Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Diamond In The Rough

Recently we went to play around at a hotel near our house. We started out on the beach, but the waves were pretty rough, so we moved up by the pool. After splashing around with Theo for awhile, I lifted him out of the water and noticed that my hand felt weird. Exposed. Too light. When I looked down at it, I didn't see anything. Nothing. Most especially nothing on my fourth finger where my wedding ring was supposed to be.

I love my wedding ring. It's different than everybody else's. It's little, so I can wear it at work, but pretty, so I like wearing it. Not to mention that I got it on my WEDDING DAY from my HUSBAND. I really never take it off.

So we scoured the pool area. We trudged around the shallow part where I'd been with Theo five or six times. We walked around the deck chairs a bunch. I annoyed people using the shower where we'd showered off the sand from the beach. I said a lot of prayers. I looked down at the ocean...was there really even any point to walking back down there to look for a tiny ring in the raging surf? But I had to try, so with a heavy, pessimistic heart I walked back down to the approximate area where we'd been playing. And I looked down at my feet and saw this:



What are the odds of that?

3 comments:

  1. SO crazy! that is a perfect example of acting in faith. you could have just assumed it was impossible and not walked there. nice, carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call that a miracle! Makes me feel all warm inside, and even a little teary. I'm so happy for you, so grateful to a kind Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It make me want to see life as more full of possibilities than impossibilities. It is, right?

    ReplyDelete