Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Survey Says!


1. What is the ideal pet?
c- a desiccated dead frog
b- no such thing. i don't really get the draw of pets. but a trained, wild hawk that would come sit on my wrist once a week would be nice.
s- gravy was a pretty awesome pet
c- A quiet, housetrained, short hair gray cat, that doesn't need too much attention. Or a desiccated dead frog.
v- Pet monkey, trained to serve chocolate milk to me and my guests
r- A kitten that would never grow up.


2. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
c- the ability to put my kids to sleep at will
b- to create food out of thin air.
s- I don't know I have so many already, I would like to be able to transport my self anywhere.
c- selective mind reading
v- Telekineses, and that is not just because I have a tough time picking up things off the floor right now
r- Teleportation. I could get off work and be at Beth’s house for dinner, Claire’s for dessert, Mom and Sarah’s for a movie, Dad’s for a tango party, Carrie’s for late night laughs, and then wake up with Levi and Vivian.

3. If you could only choose 3 movies to take to jail with you (or snowed in with, if that sounds more your taste), what would they be?
c- Harold and Maude. Search for the Holy Grail. I don't want to say the last one.
b- sound of music, pride and prejudice (6 hour version), and planet earth
s- not sure on this one maybe Anne of green gables 1,2 and 3
c- Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, and Nell. I figure if I can study these, I can act crazy enough for everyone else to leave me alone.
v- Arrested Development Season 1, 2, and 3? Seems like good thing to watch in jail.
r- The Next Three Days, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Prison Break. I'm not staying in there.

4. What is the worst (or just a bad) purchase you have made?
c- probably a house in California in 2006
b- the tahoe. don't get me started. sad thing is, i still don't know what i would buy instead.
s- I've purchased some shoes that are just darn uncomfortable.
c- my current bike. ugh. i bought it quickly, because it was a close model to my recently stolen old bike, and I needed wheels bad. but man, i wish i had taken more time to decide.
v- This is an unfair question, since, according to Carrie, this actually IS my superpower.
r- This is a tough question, since I usually just ask Vivian what to buy.

5. Is there a friend from high school that you miss?
c- oh, I miss Jessica, of course.
b- i miss matt and na sometimes, but the old guys. not these new responsible ones...
s- did I have friends? I think Claire and Carolyn were my friends so I miss Claire does that count?
c- I'm sort of with Sarah. I've managed to keep in touch with most of my high school friends that I care about. I guess I'll go with the Smith brothers.
v- I wish Lisa (Jensen) Maskovich were sitting on my couch right now.
r- No one else gets me quite as competitive and adventurous and excited about things as Joel.

6. If you could get one spa service (massage, facial, pedicure, waxing, etc), what would it be?
c-did you know you can get other people to pluck your eyebrows?
b- permanent hair removal. think about it. no. shaving.
s- pedicure
c- Latisse eyelash treatment
v- Pedicure
r- A massage. I think my fold-out couch mattress is starting to get to me.


7. Tell about 2 sensory memories you have from when you were little?
c- summer nights sleeping out on the deck of the big house. Lying on our front lawn in Oregon, wrapped in a sheet, but naked underneath because I had Chicken Pox all over and I couldn't stand having clothes on.
b- running from tree house to camper when we lived outside (i can still feel it), and making yourself go under at the high school pool when you first get there.
s- watching lighting from the deck, I think I'm with v making grass houses
c- Going on a sunny, lupine-hunting picnic with Rachel. Playing in a strong wind storm with Vivian, pretending it was a real disaster, finding shelter in the old immobile Dodge Dart, screaming things like, "I'm not leaving without you!!" and finding a source of warmth at the laundry filter exhaust.
v- making houses in the tall spring grass with Claire. Pulling “stickers” out of my socks in the summer.
r- Running down the Fowler’s driveway at full speed, rounding the grassy trail at the metal building, tensing next to the crack, and coasting home. Being wet and muddy and stalking tadpoles.

8. What should be the name of the street that we all live on when we are old?
c- Blue Hair Lane
b- Blasted Park
s- Ashby we already have the sign
c- Woodpile Court
v- Orville Ave (Cayucos, CA)
r- The way I see it, we’ll be living on our no-longer-entailed estate on Blue Heron Lane. So we just need to have a cool name for our manor house.

9. What is the sickest (or most pained) you have ever been?
c- Dengue fever. Bad news.Oooh, but vomiting after eye surgery was bad too.
b- when i woke up from gall bladder surgery. that hurt so bad. and this last labor. that was fast and ugly. i felt like someone had hit the eject button for my guts. (sorry viv.)
s- after 8th grade graduation and Claire and I had a reaction to medication.
c- smashing my finger in doors. specifically the auberry elementary lower playground girls' bathroom stall doors. this happened more times than it should have.
v-
r- When I thought I was going to lose my finger AND my sister ring. It was painful, but mostly traumatizing.

10. If you were in the circus, which act would you be in?
c- can I ride a horse? I think I'd like to ride a horse.
b- trapeze. for sure.
s- concession stand?
c- some kind of freak...
v- Elephant girl. Whatever she does, I’m kinda hazy on what a circus actually entails. Elephant girl. Whatever she does, I’m kinda hazy on what a circus actually entails.
r- Acrobat

11. What is a calling you fear?
c- nursery. and camp director.
b- primary teacher. and nursery.
s- president of anything
c- ward missionary, or anything requiring me to attend Girls' Camp
v- primary singing time person, RS pres
r- Seminary teacher. anything to do with primary.

8 comments:

  1. blue hair lane! hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. "tensing next to the crack." hahaha. good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Rachel's teleportation superpower, except it would only work if just one of us had it. Otherwise we'd all be off trying to do the same thing and no one would be home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, smashing your finger in a door was worse than Theo breaking your nose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about Theo breaking my nose! Yes, that is the real winner. Dang that really hurt. And for a long time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, I'll pluck your eyebrows for you if you give me a massage,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm cracking up at the movie selections. And I loved remembering the 'Sensory Feelings' with you.

    ReplyDelete