Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Reprise


I was reading through old blog posts and found myself amused by this little entry from April, 2007:

Which sister would you most want to be stranded on a desert island with, and why?

Carrie: Sarah, cause she would leave most of the seaweed and coconuts for me to eat.

Rachel: Beth, for sure. I wouldnt know what to do with myself, but with Beth there we would have huts and food and an irrigation system in no time.

Vivian: Claire, because we could sit together in the sun and she would read to me.

Claire: Sorry guys, but I’m gonna have to go with Carrie on this one. I mean, her medical skills have to be worth something, right?

Beth: Sarah. Who else is gonna watch my kids while I set up an irrigation system?

Sarah: can i pick all of you? ok if just one then Claire. she would be sensible about the whole thing.

6 comments:

  1. I like that Claire wins, by virtue of her sensibleness and her reading in the sun skills. Also I think that if we repeated the survey now that Rachel would be a contender because who wouldn't like a neat, tiny person along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture. i think it reinforces my point nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then I thought, why didn't anyone say Viv? She's nice. But after I thought awhile I decided I don't want to be stuck on a desert island w/ Viv. She'd get all bored, want to set goals and research our options and stuff. Plus she'd always be complaining about how I don't read as well as Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel now also has disaster plan skills - Here's what do we'll do in case of a 1) tidal wave, or 2) the volcano erupts

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE it that after staring at this picture for a full min. i still can't tell which sisters these are. the one on the left is carrie, i am pretty sure, but the one on the right...?
    i am also laughing at the idea of viv stuck on an island. and mom is totally right. and funny.

    ReplyDelete