Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year indeed.

Little signs that things are looking up that no one might notice, but I do:

1. I fill up my gas tank, instead of getting $15 or $20 at a time.
2. I bought paper towels.
3. I got rid of 15 pairs of old, broken shoes that didn't fit anyone (yet), that I was keeping, for later.
4. My food storage is going up, instead of down.
5. I made steak for Tim.
6. A family needed lunch, after sandbagging against flood water, and I went and bought them GOOD sandwiches. No peanut butter involved. And chips. A bag for EACH of them. And they loved it.
7. All our new toys from Christmas have working batteries.
8. I bought GOOD toilet paper.
9. I bought Mom 2 presents for Christmas. It felt good.
10. I'd better pay-up to Carrie for the GPS.

3 comments:

  1. So it's going to be a year of excesses, eh?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was sinful, how fast i turned wasteful and indulgent. i even have real face soap, instead of bar soap. ima glutton!!

    ReplyDelete