Sunday, January 23, 2011

YOU are my favorite

eric is a sweet boy. he gets the gospel to a surprising degree for a seven year old, gives up the best thing to break up a fight (sometimes), and is a really good big brother. he puts his arm around jack when he is sad, and bends down and talks in a higher pitch when he is talking to him. he jumps to help me, and is fun to cook and work with.

but today he sealed his spot as my favorite child when
this happened.

all the kids and i were playing in the front room. the kids were tying different things on to helium balloons to see what would "float" and what would "sink". the baby formerly known as colin was sitting happily with the string of a balloon. eric turns to me from what he is doing and says covertly, "ppssst, mom! we are all just playing out here with colin. you could go read your book. now would be a good time!"









just the most beautiful thing any kid has ever said to me.



1 comment: