Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Don't worry, Chris, I'll just be gone for one day..."

Sunday morning I got the first phone call canceling my flight home from Claire and Gordon's Utah reception. Fifty-five hours later I finally stumbled through our front door, after having spent an extra day in Salt Lake, been re-routed through Chicago, diverted to Dallas, begged my way onto a flight to Birmingham, AL, appeared essentially unannounced at my friends' front door to seek shelter for the night, drove a rental car for 5 1/2 hours over 130 miles of ice, had Chloe direct me around freeway closures and traffic jams and chiseled the Prius out of uncovered parking at the Atlanta airport.

Seriously, if it hadn't been for Claire, Hertz, and an ice-scraper I would still be out there somewhere.

Here's a look at Atlanta's main street.

6 comments:

  1. "She displays extraordinary mastery of computer science. Spending most of her time behind a computer terminal, she is rarely sent on field assignments; however, she has demonstrated proficiency with weapons... She works very well under pressure, yet it is obvious when she is under pressure, and she has always demonstrated a degree of social awkwardness. Despite her lack of social graces, Chloe has gained several friends at CTU and has shown to have a great deal of loyalty to them."

    Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's one of the few people I trust.

    Man, I'm glad you made it home. I had no idea it would turn into such an ordeal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, Fort Walton Beach is closer to Birmingham and we're snow-free. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 55 hours is a long trip from SLC to atlanta. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This all reminds me of that Home Alone movie.

    If you would have just waited a day maybe you could have avoided all the polka with John Candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IF I had waited a day, my mother-in-law would have been right...("I told you no way were you getting home"). Can't have that.

    ReplyDelete