Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Snail Mail

Hal's been enjoying sending mail, lately. Except he doesn't address it correctly, and he rarely puts stamps on it. He draws them on, instead. But he loves the idea. It's led to a funny conversation with our mailman, when I don't pull them back out of the mailbox in time. ("Should I .... answer them?" He's so nice.)

Anyway, last Sunday we'd taken two cars to church, and I ended up leaving with the kids about 15 minutes early, so we got home before Gordon by just a bit. Hal was concerned Gordon might wonder where we were, so he got to work right away, without any help from me. :)

Addressed to "Gordon- Church of God". Notice the stamp.























And inside was the note that said "Dad we god home", as in "We went home."

I tried telling him that Gordon was already on his way home, but he didn't want to hear it. 

I love this kid. Hopefully the mailman doesn't hate him. 


3 comments:

  1. I love Hal's brain. And his complete disinterest in being nay-sayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stamp - flag on a flagpole! Right? And I love the way he can sound out words - you just have to realize they're sometimes written backwards.(HCRHC) Are you keeping these? If not I want to keep them.

    ReplyDelete