Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Strong, Not Entirely Stable Leadership

Both of the Gregory kids have shown an interest in leadership positions lately. Lucy went trick-or-treating as Lord Buckethead, and handed out the following flyers:
  
I am Lord Buckethead. I have run for the office of Prime Minister of the UK in three elections. I am also an intergalactic space lord. My platform:

1. free bicycles for all, to combat obesity and bike theft

2. better pay for elementary school teachers

3. Discipline is key. If any child misbehaves 3 times they are blasted into deep space, with the parents provided a fruit basket of consolation or celebration, depending on the child.
Strong, not entirely stable leadership!


Theo ran for class governor and went to school in a suit and tie to shake hands and garner votes. He also wrote a speech (by himself) that included the line:
"There may come a day when the hearts of fourth graders fail them, but today is not that day!" 

Then he did a rap.

After he gave his speech, the other candidates withdrew (not kidding), and he goes into election day tomorrow uncontested. Apparently the hearts of a couple of fourth graders failed them after all.

-->

5 comments:

  1. this is awesome! the kids in this family crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would vote for both these people. Hahaha. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They "withdrew" is just coded language for being taken out! Great power move. Theo for supreme leader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really want to hear the rap! Haha, I like your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't even have to wait for your kids to do awesome things - they already do! I'd like to hear the rap too.

    ReplyDelete