Friday, March 27, 2015

Joy ride at Trader Joe's

Last night Hal and I were waiting outside Trader Joe's for Gordon to finish paying, and bring out our wares.
I let Hal sit on one of those carts for handicapped and the elderly. Apparently it was powered up, and the key was in it, and turned to the on position. (I let him do this often at Save Mart, and those carts are never left on)
In about 1 second he had found the right button to drive it forward about 3 feet, and knock over an 8 foot tiki hut housing a trashcan.
I came out of shock in time to stop him and turn off the cart. Luckily the hut was unbroken, and I just had to right it again, and pick up some garbage.
But I was a little flustered when Gordon came out a couple minutes later. So embarrassing.

4 comments:

  1. I would have liked to see this. At least he didn't hit a senior citizen, I guess. Ride 'em cowboy, Hal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan has done this at the local grocery store, except he tried to mow down a bag boy. Now I try to check and see if they are on before I let him sit on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! I'm glad it ended well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete