Friday, April 5, 2013

Remember when someone called me "bubbly"?



Last night we had the missionaries over for a brief visit. We hadn’t really gotten to know them, yet, so we were having some introductory small talk. 

On the early side of things, it came up that Gordon usually likes to hang in the background, doesn’t enjoy talking to strangers, is generally quiet, etc.

A few minutes later, I was saying something about my job, and a conversation at work about something. One Elder says, “Oh, wow. I can tell you’ve got spunk! I guess you two really balance each other out! Gordon’s really calm and quiet and shy, and you…” (and he just gestures at me.)

My mouth dropped open, and Gordon just started giggling really hard.

I may have to rethink how I portray myself to the world.

3 comments:

  1. "oh Claire, you're so spunky!"

    I just wanted to try that out. It makes me giggle too. You and Gordon- yin and yang in the social category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been faking enthusiasm again, Claire?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya that's just how i would describe you.

    ReplyDelete