Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cub Scouts, Puddle.

Five years ago, after Lucy ruined my cell phone by peeing on it, I spent $20 and bought the cheapest cell phone I could find.  I had no great hopes for it, thinking maybe it would last for a few months until I was eligible for a free phone from my phone company.  Since then it has been kicked, dropped in the sand, chewed on by a rabbit and abused by small children. I can't even count how many times it went skittering across our Puerto Rican concrete floor.  After awhile I started to realize that hey, this phone is tough.  Also, I only have to charge it once a month.  And it almost always has reception and never drops calls. Pretty soon I was feeling kind of ridiculously fond of the little guy.

When Rachel saw my phone, she said, "Did you know your phone is famous on the Internet?"

It's true.  So here, in memorium, an internet meme tribute:
 ________________
 ______________


________________
 
 ________________


 ________________

 _________________



I don't want a flip phone.  I don't want a camera.  I don't want 4G internet capability.  I just want you.
:(

RIP, Nokia phone. 




5 comments:

  1. jerry likes this one the best: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m45h0uIAnL1qjfzvbo1_500.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what your saying is you just happened to be inside Mt. Doom and accidentally dropped it in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saying that the combination of cub scouts and water is one of the most destructive forces on earth. You could call it my own personal Mt. Doom.

      Delete
  3. mourning time is over... get a new phone already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom says: "I'm sorry for your loss. May your memories sustain you in this time of sorrow."

    Thanks, Mom.

    ReplyDelete