Sunday, April 22, 2012

Memories and Miscellany

OK, I know this was just on Facebook, but I love this photo and I want to see it when I look back on the blog in years to come. Here are some reasons why I love it- feel free to chime in.

1. This was a summer of hiking for the Forest Service, and the best my legs will ever look.
2. When I look at this picture, I think, "This sums up my childhood." Then I realize that I must be at least 22 here.
3. The look on Mark Porter's face. OK, Mark in entirety in this picture. What Xena party doesn't need a soulful Mexican troubadour?
4. The fact that Viv and I had the same friends, although I'm 8 years older.
5. Matt's chest straps. And blue flannel shorts. (??)
6. The fact that Nathan was off screen wearing denim cut-offs and rainbow suspenders. And nothing else.
7. What we lacked in costume supplies, we made up for with weapons. Available weaponry was not the problem.
8. Whatever is going on with Vivian's hair. Jen's too.
9. The utterly comfortable, completely affectionate relationship that we had, and still have, with the Porter boys. Who says we didn't have brothers?!
10. The fact that the time elapsed between me saying "Let's have a Xena-Warrior-Princess party", and this photo was less than 24 hours. Hey, our friends know a good idea when they hear one.
11. As Claire pointed out, that fur lined bow is awesome.

Now, in other news...
Theo has a new superhero alter-ego named "Lightning of the Zoom Zoom."

One of my patients today told me, "You're pretty enough to be a nurse!" Um,...thank..you?

Chris turns 40 in two days.

 I had a flashback today to when I tried to call Bill Nye the Science Guy to ask him to be our med school commencement speaker. By mistake I called a different Bill Nye, who was in his upper eighties from the sound of it. He was very nice and wheezed out, "oh, no, you want the OTHER Bill Nye. I'm not the Science Guy." Apparently the OTHER Bill Nye is very expensive, so that didn't really work out.

OK, that's all I got.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i read "fur lined brow". i thought, "well some of them need to pluck a bit, but it isn't THAT bad..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the lighter fluid. makes you wonder just what might happen next...

    ReplyDelete