Friday, June 10, 2011

Top 5 Ways I knew I was at Girls Camp in Georgia

1. Of the 40+ young Mormon girls in attendance, only 5 of them were white.
2. When I asked one of the girls, "Have you ever slept in a tent before?" she responded, "I've never been out of Atlanta before."
3. On our 'hike', my hat got blown off by a semi driving past us at 50 mph.
4. Someone went to Walmart for supplies 2 of the 3 days I was there.
5. No one knew how to find any constellations until somebody found an app for it on their iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds just like Girls Camp in Fort Lauderdale. Except they knew their constellations without an app - only because I was there.
    Also, I just got home from Girls Camp yesterday myself. Now that I'm here in the South, it's mostly the opposite. All but 5 of the 80 girls were white. They still went to Walmart every day, but we stayed in air conditioned cabins. Because that's what camping is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somethings just don't feel like camp.

    ReplyDelete