Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day

We had a good Memorial Day, which started with a trip down the Chattahoochee River. Last time we rented an actual boat, but this time we decided just to buy our own floating things. In a fit of optimism, I decided that Theo and I should float down the river on this:


We were only a few minutes into the trip when I found myself lolling off the side, trying to keep Theo aboard, him trying to haul himself up by the ties of my swimsuit, my bum up in the air, the 'ship' buckling in half, surrounded by amused strangers who are floating past on their decorous black innertubes.

Me, yelling over to Chris: "I have no dignity!"

Chris, nodding serenley from his decorous black tube: "I've known for awhile."

That evening we went over to some friends' house for a shrimp boil. We weren't really sure what that meant, but hey, it's got to be better than feeding yourself, right?

Shortly after we got there, they brought out a ginormous pot of water, threw in a bunch of stuff and started boiling it over a propane burner. Then two men lugged it over to the table, drained off the water and dumped the contents of the pot in the middle of the table. Everyone gathered around, picking stuff out of the pile and eating it with our fingers like crazy. Let me tell you, it was amazingly good.


Next time we all get together, let's have a shrimp boil. As long as we don't kill off Tim, that is.

2 comments:

  1. 1. ooo yum! and tim can eat shrimp so it is all good!
    2. is that really how you spell ginormous?
    3. haha i first read "i have no dinghy!" which worked and was really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very vivid description of what almost happened to me this weekend. Now I feel better about skipping the tubing excursion down the Rainbow River.
    Also, I am a huge fan of the shrimp boil. Or "shramp bile", as it's known in this neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete