Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lucy Makes Up With Gravity


There's a Gary Larson cartoon that shows a wolf handing a bouquet of flowers to a sheep, with a caption that says something like: "It would never work; Bernie couldn't stop worrying what the pack would think, and Sheila just ate the flowers."

For some reason this image sprang to mind last Saturday as I spied on Lucy's ski lesson from behind a tree. I watched as her teacher crouched down, saying something instructive with a very earnest look on her face...and then I watched Lucy, paying no attention whatsoever, scoop up a big handful of snow and start to eat it out of her mittens. "This will never work," I thought.

So, it is with great pride, and a little amazement that I announce the following:

Lucy, (the Lucy who has been known to trip from a seated position), has learned how to ski!

I know you guys will think I'm exaggerating, so here is video evidence:


And, she even likes it!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for Lucy! Go, Lucy, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Lucy does best when she's working WITH gravity, dontcha think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry thinks that maybe because she's a little off balance most of the time, that skiing just feels normal.
    She sure is cute eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's been skiing all of her life, we just used to call it "trying to stand up"?

    ReplyDelete