Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Christmas, it seems, means a whole lot more.

 I was driving home and it STRUCK me in a rapid brain spasm it’s Nov 24th it’s almost time to go get a tree oh no all the trees burned oh no for the love of Christmas tell me it’s not true.. surreal moment.  So I texted Sarah..

hey.  HEY!  ARE THEY DOING CHRISTMAS TREES THIS YEAR?!?!

She replied 

“Nope so I don't know where we're going to get Christmas tree.  So no Christmas this year either thanksgivings canceled Christmas is canceled and might as well cancel Easter.”

This hurts.  I figure I have had a Sierra Navada Christmas tree for close to 40 years or something.  I am more sad about this than the school/church loss and MAYBE as sad (for me) as the camp burning down.  It (driving/picking/paying/driving/decorating/smelling/glowing/basking) might be a top Christmas thing for me.

But then Rachel yelled at us:

“Thanksgiving is NOT cancelled! And Christmas lives in our hearts, Sarah, haven't you seen ANY Christmas movies?!”

This made me giggle.  And then Sydney suggested that we drive up and cut down our own burned Christmas tree and decorate it.

2020 style. 

The image made me crack up. We thought we could decorate it with all the burned up scraps of metal that I got from the camp. Drops of melted aluminum.  And maybe some smoking incense sticks.  

What do you think?  Creek Fire Christmas Tree?

Update:




   Even the local news liked it and did a story on it.

3 comments:

  1. I actually think this is an amazing idea. Kind of an Edward scissorhands, alternate reality Christmas tree. Funny and sad at the same time, as well as interesting and creative.
    Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of how good the burned tree will look will all the lights on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think it would hold my 1000 lights?

    ReplyDelete