Sunday, January 26, 2014

Whoso Pulleth Out This Sword

In the beginning there was my second try.  Actually, in the beginning was my first try, which is that dark, solid looking thing that reminded me of the special pillows that we give to patients with hemorrhoids or sacral injuries.

"You'll have structural issues," said Viv, vastly underestimating my ability to bake a cake with the density and structural integrity of poured concrete (the hard, flat square you can see in the picture, also a result of try #1).  "I want mangoes in it," said Theo.
Mango cream filling
Three cake mixes later, I began construction.  First layer, concrete cake square, mango glazed.  Second layer, bundt cake cut in half and filled with mango cream.  Top layer, more concrete cake squares, smaller.  Piece de resistance, Lucy's dagger.
Please note shading effects of two-toned frosting.  I think the six year olds were impressed.

Finally, the test:  Is Theo the true birthday boy?
He was!


The End



3 comments: