Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mister

Khun Moo is terrified of Chris.  I first thought something was a little funny the day I was telling her that Chris would be returning from our vacation early, so for a few days it would just be the two of them here together.  She got very nervous looking, took a deep breath and said,

"I prefer that he stay out there and not talk too much, and I stay in here and not talk too much either."


Well, OK, Chris would prefer that too, so no problem.  But then I started noticing that she ducks down and averts her eyes whenever she comes out to put something on the table by him.  And two nights ago when he walked into the kitchen and she happened to be in there, she squeaked and fled immediately.  And LAST night I got this text, from her in her room:

"HI KHUN CARRIE IF YOU STILL WANT TO HAVE FOOD. I CAN MAKE NOODLE SOUP FOR SUPPER. I CAN NOT COME TO SEE YOU. BECAUSE MR. WAS SITTING AT DINING ROOM."

So she wanted to ask me a question, but she couldn't because she would have had to walk past Chris working on his laptop at the table.

I mean, I know Chris is always screaming and throwing things and yelling and stuff, and there was that personality quiz that advised people to keep at least six feet away from him at all times, but really?


3 comments:

  1. Also, what the heck are we going to do this summer, when I head to California with the kids? Maybe I SHOULD bring her to Beth's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't quite figure out why, but your household is sounding more and more like arrested development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Jerry. Does this make Khun Moo=Lupe and Chris=Lucille I?

    ReplyDelete