Monday, March 18, 2013

two thoughts

1.  i used to whine about cutting the grass. i had a riding mower.  a nice one.   then one day i got it stuck in the mud and the engine exploded.  it is VERY useless now.   and the prospect of cutting weeds on 2 1/2 acres with only my weed eater and a pair of scissors made me tired.  so just as the weeds were reaching the window and i could no longer see the kids when they played in the front, we were given a push mower.. FOR FREE!!  and i have never been so glad to have sore tricepts in my life.

2.  at my dentist, after a 6 mo checkup and cleaning, the smiley front desk woman hands me a postcard.  i  put my address on there and she files it away to send to me, reminding me it is time to come in again.  so essentially, i mail Future Beth a card every six months.   it started out as a little tiny smiley face on the card, the n when i got it in the mail, it made me giggle, like i had just pulled off a prank.  then i started writing notes to my future self - "any super powers yet?" and "how long did that exercise plan last this time?  -  and "how did that big cub scout dinner go?".   it is kinds fun!

what shall i write to myself next time?

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention this because at work here they started using boomerang with gmail. You can write emails and have them send at a specified time. You can set it up for free to send up to 10 messages a month.

    Now if you can figure out how to also receive messages from future Beth, that would be epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know one thing we could try- You could write to me, and then i could write you BACK! I would even include a smiley face.

    ReplyDelete