Tuesday, March 5, 2013

From Mom

Does it strike anyone else as surreal that our Mom lives in China?  Here's a recent note from her:

"What a difference from the beginning of last semester! I now know how to get to all my classes and more importantly, how to get home! I have several lesson plans ready to go and I know about what it takes to fill a 2-hour block. I know where the bank is and there's money in my account. I know where the cute guy lives who makes all our copies for us. And he said "Hi, I missed you" when I showed up today. I know where to buy fruit close by, where to buy vegetables. I know with the store on the 1st floor we'll never go hungry. We can buy bread and butter, milk and eggs, cheese and snacks. When I go on a trip, my apartment feels like home. I know my neighbors. I breathe deeply a little more often. My dreams are not all about teaching.  Life is definitely better!"

3 comments: