Monday, January 14, 2013

Top 10 Signs that Gordon is good to Claire

When I was in California last week, I got to see for myself just how cute Hal is.  I also got a little insight into just what a champion husband Gordon is being:

10. He listens while Claire tells him the funny things that happened on Family Feud that day.

9. He brings her ice cream with just the right amount of milk in it.

8. When Claire gets up in the night to feed Hal, Gordon moves over into her spot to keep the bed warm for her.

7. He does all of the cooking.

6. He does all of the laundry.

5. When I offered to get up with Hal in the night,  Claire said, "Sure, you can take Gordon's shift."  Wait, Gordon has a SHIFT?  Every NIGHT?!

4. When Claire says, while looking at her feet, "Hey, this isn't the way you usually tie my shoes!"

3. For Claire's birthday, Gordon made the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted.  Even Beth would have liked it.

2. When Gordon was bringing Claire some soup to eat on the couch, he made an extra trip back from the kitchen to clarify which size of spoon she would prefer to eat it with.

1.  After Gordon brought her a piece of the cake that he made for her, Claire pointed out that her wedge of cake was wider on the bottom than it was on the top, causing some displeasing asymmetry. Gordon hurried over and quickly evened it out before anything really bad could come of it. Phew!


1 comment:

  1. I was certain that these were exaggerations for the sake of humor, but Carrie has assured me, they are 100% truth.

    ReplyDelete