Sunday, January 20, 2013

sarah is a good date

so sarah (and mom's money) wanted to take me shopping for my birthday.  so we meet at costco.  not my favorite place to shop, but after a walk thru the frozen food section, we wandered around a bit.
THEN
sarah reaches into her purse and hands me TWO FRESHLY BAKED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!! and i know they are fresh  cuz they are STILL WARM!!

 i am so happy at this point.

then
we found a giant box of BEAUTIFUL pots... i only needed a soup pot.. and a small pot (mine warped so you had to rock it back and forth to heat it even).  ok and a frying pan (my "non-stick" was sticking).   we had a choice between stainless and alluminum.  a quick call to chloe to find out which was better wasn't immediatly returned, and they were so expensive... i was going to pass but sarah said i was worth it and grabbed the most beautiful one while i was still deliberating!!


can you tell which are my old pots and which are my new ones?!  hint- the new ones have lids.

i am so happy at this point.

then..
because costco can be dangerous, sometimes you just gotta "potifer's wife" it out of there.  we were both a little stunned at the money we just spent, so we RAN for our cars.  
then
we went to RRRROSSSSSS!!  oh man, i have forgotten how much i love that place.  we went past the shirt section and picked practically the first 3 shirts we saw and took them with us to try on.  then we went to the home decor section, cuz i just painted my house (all the insides of the main area) and i was in need of stuff like this:



i am so happy at this point.

then...
we WERE on our way to the front, with the full intention of leaving, when we started going thru the $9-$18 dollar dresses.  sarah was awesome.  "try this one", and "darcy would like this one", and "oh! you should cut this top off and make a long skirt out of it!"

then..
we went to one of my favorite place in fresno...
FOODMAXX!
we shopped
with two carts !
and no kids !
and birthday permission
to buy what i wanted to !
for my birthday lunch
that i am cooking for my fun friends on wed!!
and i will wear my new shirt
and cook in my new pots!

sigh.

(all this on top of the best present of all - watching colin for 2 days so i could be by myself)

sorry about all the exclamation points, but sarah is a champ and i am a lucky girl.


4 comments:

  1. Sarah IS a good date. And I really like the orange and red wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this, and it isn't even your birthday yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes she is and yes you are! Happy Birthday Bethie!

    ReplyDelete