Monday, December 27, 2010

We Wish You A Merry Hot Dog

Christmas was perfect this year. Seriously, I can't remember ever having a better one. Not only did I get to go to California, see Claire marry Gordon, hang out with all of my sisters and cry like a baby while Gail sang 'O Holy Night', I also got to come back to Atlanta and have a letter-perfect Christmas day with our little family.

Because Chris had been gone for 3 weeks, having us all back together had an extra shine to it. Then, the kids are at perfect ages for Christmas magic. Lucy had fallen off of the Santa bandwagon, but when it came down to crunch time she jumped right back on: "Mom, I know what you told me about Santa, but you and Dad can't be doing ALL the presents. Plus, SOMEBODY eats the cookies!" Good point, Lucy, good point.

We went caroling. I made toffee and ate it till my mouth hurt. We took some gifts to a family and doorbell ditched them on Christmas Eve, running giggling and happy to our getaway car. Theo ran around telling everyone "We wish you a Merry Hot Dog" and then falling down laughing. We had a big present to set up, and Chris and I stayed up late putting it together. In the morning the kids were appropriately amazed and we drug out present opening for an hour and a half. I got a big fat Christmas nap on new fluffy pillows from Claire. We played with toys, worked on a puzzle, ate cheese and chocolate...and then it started to snow. After 2 years of Puerto Rico "Christmas"...well, it was magical, let me tell you. So, hot chocolate, the world's tiniest snow man, another secret Santa errand and bed. One of my favorite days ever.
Chris looking dapper in Christmas scarf and snow.

Lucy's recipe for 'Snow Julius'- snow, orange juice and whipped cream

Theo looking adorable in new panda head gear.

The world's tiniest snowman.

2 comments:

  1. Carrie & Chris - What wonderful Christmas memories you two are making for your kids!(and yourselves)
    I like the "Dashing (man) through the the snow"
    Lucy- Thanks for the recipe. I hope the snow will come to my house so I can make 'snow julius' and a miniature snowman.
    Could there be a more adorable panda?

    ReplyDelete