Thursday, May 20, 2010

Top 5 Signs Your Interview Is Going Well

5. Purely by coincidence, your interviewer went to the same study-abroad country that you did and you spend a good part of the interview just talking about that.

4. After the interview is over, the two of you just hang around for awhile chatting, talking about good books and other things you have in common.

3. Your interviewer mutters something about you being 'in a different class than all these other schmucks I've been interviewing', and then looks a little taken aback when she realizes maybe she shouldn't have said that out loud.

2. You interviewer asks if you'd consider being the godmother for her unborn child.

And the #1 sign that your interview is going well:
1. Your interviewer calls you a 'kindred spirit' at the conclusion of the interview. Seriously, how often does that happen?

Of course, it's also possible that Rachel just had an interview with someone who does it the way Beth would..."oh, that is a fantastic answer. Well, you're totally off base, and we'll never be able to hire you... but in a really really good way! That's just the way I would have answered wrong myself!"

Nice work, Rachel.

10 comments:

  1. 6. After one question, she says "let me make sure I can give you full points for answering that question.....mmm, yep, ok"

    7. After the interview is over, she gives me her card and tells me to email her and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rachel, you ruled that interview. full points in the awesomeness category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait. This sounds like a dream. Things like this don't happen to people. I'm struggling to come up with any way it could get any better. Did you slip her some money under the table?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel - you are "in like Flint"

    ReplyDelete
  5. no jerry, in rachel's world, the woman would slip HER some money. "you sweetie! go buy yourself something nice!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh right. Now that makes more sense.

    Since the interviewer is in such a giving mood then I think she should just say "how about you write on this paper how much you'd like to make... and then I'll double it."

    ReplyDelete
  7. if rachel gets offered the job, do you think she'll turn it down? to give some other deserving soul a chance?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Oh, no, I couldn't. I just don't DESERVE this job...I didn't go out of my way to step on that crunchy leaf awhile back..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. so then the nice lady will offer rachel HER job, and step down so she can work under rachel...

    ReplyDelete