Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Six Rings To Rule Them All

A few years ago we had sister rings made. There are six of them, all the same, with our birthstones around the outside and the Ashby family values engraved, ghetto-style on the inside. Mine is one of my favorite possessions, and I was looking at it today. I started to think about what would happen to it after I died...it's not like I can really give it to anyone, because who could wear a sister ring from someone else's sisters? No, it seems to me the only person I could give it to would be another Ashby sister.

And then I had a vision. A vision where I get very old and just before I die, I press my sister ring into Rachel's trusty hand. And then Beth does the same, and then Sarah, and then...you get the picture. Finally, Rachel, the last surviving member of the Ashby sisters must discharge her sacred duty. Clutching the rings in her wrinkled hand, using the last ounce of strength in her teetering legs she climbs the the top of a seething volcano and flings them into the boiling lava where they vaporize into the eternities.

You guys have any other ideas?





5 comments:

  1. Pish POSH! Rachel always gets the crummy jobs while we're alive; why should things change after we die?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha i love carrie and carrie is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that picture is so creepy. but I do like the volcano idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, don't some of you people have kids? Even daughters, if one wants to be super-specific about only sisters possessing the Rings of Ashby Power?

    ReplyDelete
  5. where would Rachel find a valcano? what if the rings get berried?

    ReplyDelete