Monday, December 3, 2018

Flying Over Auberry

When I was flying back to SLC after Thanksgiving, I looked out the window as my plane took off and saw 168 below me. I casually watched it meander towards the Foothills, fully expecting us to veer more north like my flights usually do...but I noticed we just kept flying over 168. It became hard to follow once the terrain became hilly and I started to think I had lost the trail after a while, but then...hey! That semicircular cluster of buildings has got to be Foothill! And hey, that's Canyon Fork! Which means somewhere after the church the trailer park should be about there, which it is! and I bet that darker area is where the creek goes, and that means home is... right there. I stared at the little spot for a long time. Finally Blue Heron moved out of view of my little window and we kept going past where the Camp would be, past Shaver Lake, past Huntington, after which I didn't recognize anything. 

Has this ever happened for you guys before? Maybe it's not that crazy but I thought it was trippy and heartwarming to think that if Mom/Sarah/Grandpa/Carrie/Lucy/Theo happened to look up into the sky right then I would be waving at them from a plane.

It was a view of home I had never seen before.

1 comment:

  1. This has only happened to me once. I wanted to tell everyone around me, "Hey, that is our house! Right there!"
    In fact it may have been the only time I've voluntarily started a conversation with my neighbor on a plane because I think I did say something to them about it. You're right, it IS heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete