Saturday, May 28, 2016

Gregorys Under the River Kwai

Things that made me worried on the morning of the race:

- I forgot to pack underwear
- I've never run more than 3 miles in a row, ever.
- I had to steal socks out of Lucy's drawer. I was literally wearing school uniform socks.
- Most of the other teams had matching spandex outfits. Chris was wearing his swim trunks.
- Apparently Chris and I qualify for the Masters category, but I had signed us up in the regular category out of pride.
- At one point before the race started, I looked down at the gears on my bike and couldn't remember whether higher was better for uphill, or lower.....?

We had some bets with our friends, Jonny and Nicole. You got points for:
- first blood (Chris won, within about 10 minutes)
- first couple's fight (a tie. Both of us mad at our husbands at the same point in the cycling leg)
- first serious swear word (I think I might have won this. I don't want to tell you what I said.)
- overall winners (they beat us by about 10 minutes)

Overall, it was extremely hard and extremely fun. Of the people on this poster, I think I most resembled the swimming girl:


1 comment:

  1. Good for you guys for entering! What a good memory! "Triathalon in Bangkok" Sounds so exotic - except for the uniform socks and swim trunks. :)

    ReplyDelete