Sunday, March 6, 2016

TukTuk on Over and See Me Sometime


Favorite moments from the Thomas visit to Thailand:

- Watching Levi and Theo together. They got along splendidly.

- Putting Viv on a motorcycle taxi with no money, no map, no cell phone and no directions and hoping her driver would follow my driver all the way to our destination. I have to admit I couldn't enjoy the wind in my hair quite as much as usual, wondering if I'd ever see my sister again.

- Best of times/Worst of times award: Viv trying to bribe the immigration officer who wasn't going to let us through because I brought the wrong passports. "So, can't we just pay the FINE?" (We couldn't.)

- Theo getting mugged by a monkey who stole his box of (used) tissues and was very disappointed. I hope that monkey is somewhere with a head cold right now.

- Thomas participation in the chicken party.

- Taking Viv downstairs to get our hair shampooed and blow-dried. "I think the degree of luxury in your life has been downplayed significantly."

- Fruity drinks.

- Taking Jerry to the chocolate buffet.

- Having Viv say, "This cave is 10-20 times better than I was expecting it to be," after we hiked her several miles through the sweaty jungle to see it.

- Levi not making it all the way to the landing platform on the zip line, having to hang there, 200 ft in the air above the jungle while the guide roped down to rescue him; Theo getting stuck on purpose on the next run, just because Levi made it look so good.

- Levi and Theo making up after a soccer fight: "I'm sorry I gave your invisible teammate a red card." "Well I'm sorry I threw the ball at your head."

-Watching Viv eat Thai food so spicy it made her cry.


"Hey boys, you want to go see some exotic foreign country?" "Nah, we're good."

"Marshmallows are one of the lesser fruits." -Chris




1 comment:

  1. 1. You guys eat the food so spicy it makes you CRY?!? What is WRONG with you?!

    2. I miss-read "Took Jerry to a chocolate buffet" as "chocolate brothel".

    ReplyDelete