Monday, October 26, 2015

Look AT the camera. Just look at it! In a normal way!

At the first real 'photo-op' point of our Nepal trip, our guide took out his camera and motioned for us to group closely together. Initially I was confused, but then I realized...he wants to take a picture of our family. I thought about gently refusing, but he seemed so nice, and I didn't want to be a grouch, so I encouraged everyone to give it their best. We huddled together and smiled. He clicked the shutter and glanced down at the view screen. His smile faded slightly. "One more!" he announced, with renewed enthusiasm. Again, glancing down at the camera after taking the picture, he paused. "Hmmm. Another!"

Multiple times he tried, looking increasingly puzzled each time an image captured. After about a minute I began to recognize the look on his face. It was the same look I've seen on Vivian's face, or Rachel's- really on anyone who has ever tried to capture a group of Gregorys on film.

To quote Grandma Brown, we look good from the back. But, try to pose us in any way and things start to fall apart quickly. Maybe we just spend more time with our eyes closed than most people do? In any case, a retrospective, of Gregory family photos:

This is the photo shoot where I first realized it was a problem.


But, even in casual settings we can't do it.

  


Just put sunglasses on Chris, you say? Well, that works. Sort of.
 



I can't just blame Chris.  No, I blame Chris AND Lucy for not taking this seriously.
 




Now the happiest moments are when I get the trifecta. At this point it just kind of warms my heart. But I'm not sure our Nepalese guide really saw it that way.



 












3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should just get really good at photo shop or just put up the family that comes with the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - the one of Chris and Lucy on the kayak cracks me up! I must say, Carrie, you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha. The ones from Davis are still my favorite. Lucy and Chris are giving it their all.

    ReplyDelete