Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Last day at work-

Today was my last day of work. It feels very strange. I've been in the same office, working with some of the same people, for over 8 years. It's hard to say I'll miss it, because of all the new things coming into my life to fill the void. But I think I'll have fond memories of my time at UC Davis.

I've spent months trying to clean things up, and pass things off. And for the last week, I've been depersonalizing my desk space, taking down valentines from Levi and Gwen, packing up my snacks and dishware. And most fun of all, going through any personal files on the computer.

I came across some real gems. Documents created by me, while I should have been working:

- A spreadsheet (with fancy graphs) tracking my weight gain over two pregnancies.
- A list of options for a drugged up, recently wisdom-toothless Rachel who came to stay with us, so she could just point, instead of talk (Would you rather watch The Office, eat pudding, or spit?)
- An apocalypse identification flowchart (you remember)
- A list of questions I asked Gordon, to help determine if we should get married

Also, this photo, which I took years ago in the 1st floor bathroom. It makes me laugh. Mostly because it probably made people stand outside their stall even longer, since they had to read a sign.




2 comments:

  1. You found the apocalypse flowchart? Can you post that at some point? (OK, put it down on your list of things to do. Like, way, way down)
    Also, watch the Office, eat pudding or spit? Why not all three? That sounds like a pretty good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the questions you asked Gordon before engagement sometime. So glad you got the right answers from him.

    ReplyDelete