Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Police Car!

Last night, after a spate of Hal stalling going to bed (asking for water, or more blankets), he'd finally quieted down, and I thought we were good for the night. 25 minutes later I heard him come to the door.

I marched back there, already yelling, "Get back in bed, Hal! Go to sleep!"

When I entered his room to ask what was going on, he said, "Police car!"

A bit of background: recently he's been going to bed with a dump truck, a crane, a red car, an orange car, sometimes a plane, and yes, a police car.

"No!" I said. "You don't need your police car."
"Police car!"
"It's probably already here in your bed! Go to sleep!"
"Police car!"
"Hal, close your eyes, hold still and go to sleep. You shouldn't be playing anyway"

 Finally, he just grabbed my hand, and moved it to his thigh....where I could feel his police car, trapped inside his pajama pants. After I stopped laughing, I reached up through the tight ankle part of his pants and moved the police car out of there.

He went to sleep shortly after.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when I get police cars stuck in my pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this reminds me of Darcy needing Chocolate (stuffed dog) to go to bed.

    ReplyDelete