Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Home at Last

To paraphrase Vivian quoting Lisa Simpson: Home is has its grandeur and its follies, but mostly it's the place where all our stuff is.

After 9 weeks in a luxury hotel with the breakfast buffets, daily maid service and dinner brought to the door on silver trays, we couldn't get out of there fast enough.  In the end, we wanted a place where all of our stuff was.  A few updates from our new home, at the Natural Park apartments.

- Ms Moo has moved into the small room off of the back patio and works like crazy. I think she would be happier if I would tell her specifically what to do but I just can't do it.  Partly because I can't order her around, but also because I'm just not that organized.  When I told her recently that the kids and I would be gone for a few days, so it would just be her and Chris, she said, "I prefer he stay out there (meaning the main part of the house) and not talk too much.  I stay in here (meaning the maid's area) and not talk too much either." Chris thought that sounded good too.

 - We bought a water cooler.  I was very resistant, seeing it as an unnecessary expense and maybe a bit silly.  I was wrong.  The whole family LOVES the water cooler.  I told Lucy to think of a good Greek name for it, so she and Theo christened it 'Atlanta the Water Queen'. 

Lucy, so happy to have her things.

Theo's room.

View from living room. So unique for Bangkok, to have any green.
Atlanta, the font of all things cold.

Kitchen- You can see Khun Moo's door through the window.


I think we're going to be quite happy here. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm glad you have Atlanta the water queen cold water is important

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have your stuff! and, Lucy looks adorable in her schoolgirl uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad you guys are in. and you picked some very non-decrepit pictures. the place looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Lucy. I just realized I gave Mom the wrong spelling. It's Atalanta. Apologies for any confusion.

    ReplyDelete