Monday, September 12, 2011

Live Free or Eat Apples

Top moments from my visit to New Hampshire this last weekend:

- Levi reciting for me how to train a horse: ("One- a soft hand. Two- a firm voice. Three- a sunny attitude...")
- Levi instructing the fireman at the fire safety day about the parts of the fire truck: "These, these are called stabilizers. They can also frequently be found on a front-end loader."
- Levi in general.
- Taking a Sunday nap in the same bed with Viv and Levi. So cozy.
- Meeting sweet little Gwen. Getting to spend some one on one time with her during church. Smoothing down her soft soft hair and having it bounce right back up again.
- Apples, apples, apples.
- Watching Jerry try to dissect out the octopus that had attached itself to his ravioli.
- Getting busted by Viv when she found one of her shirts packed up in my suitcase. Completely an accident, I swear!
- Crisp, clean NH air on a Sunday afternoon hike.

6 comments:

  1. oh this made me so happy. i read it 3 times. i love levi. sunny attitude... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. is NH changing color? i want to see pictures of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little surprised that my sunny attitude didn't make your Top Moments list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Sunday Beth asked me if I was jealous that you got to spend the weekend with the Thomases. "No," I thought magnanimously "I'm just glad Carrie gets to be there". But now...yes, yes I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerry, let's just say I hope you never have to train a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I can pull off 3 of the 5, so I give myself a 60% on horse training. D is for degree?

    ReplyDelete