Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Candyfest 2013

Halloween is not a big deal in Thailand, but our apartment complex manages to celebrate it anyway.  Which means that last Saturday night we climbed up (and down) 39 flights of poorly-ventilated stairs, making this the sweatiest Halloween that I personally have ever experienced.  At two doors per landing, the kids got a pretty good haul, although because the place is so international it is funny to look at the variety of stuff that they got- all sorts of unrecognizable fish crackers, Danish gummies and Korean jello shots.

Here are a couple of blurry photos of the costume parade around the yard, Chris and I in costumes that lasted about 5 minutes, and Athena and Indy.


 Can you tell what we are?

1 comment:

  1. Awwww - another budding Indiana Jones. Brings hoardes of memories back about Rock. Love Lucy and the Greek theme. Trick or treating must have been nice. My kids threw together a pin the wart on the witch game for our neighborhood kids who had heard of trick or treating (OK - really they read the Froggy Halloween book: "trick or treat smell my feet, give me something good to eat, if you don't, I don't care, I pull down your underwear" - which left out the intricacies of All Saints Day and the pagan ritual of dressing up - but oh well. we went with it). No trick or treating - sad.

    Love the Steve Jobs and his "I-everything" (are you a phone, pad-mini, pad?)

    xoo

    ReplyDelete